Wednesday, February 12, 2014

An Opportunity given

     Nelson Mandela once said Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. There is a sign engraved with Mandela's wise words in the subsaharan parts of Nigeria. He had the perspective that with education comes power because knowledge is key to success. When I was about twelve years old, my parents sent my brother and I off to boarding school. Not for any reason that we had recalcitrant behavior or that we were naughty. They did it from the conspicuous reason of love. They want the best for us and doesn't every parent. Nigeria isn't a bad place to start off your life, some parts of the country actually provide excellent educational services and schools but parents want the best of the best so they send their children to the best place where they will succeed exponentially. Now we are doing much better than we ever thought we would. I am still a class president, I am president of other clubs, I have gained more knowledge than I would have back home. Parents should  give their child every opportunity they can offer, one of the most important one includes education; because a world without education is a world dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment